3 Ways to Wear a Maxi Dress on Diwali

05:41:00

Diwali! It's right round the corner and I bet you're all rushing around to get your houses ready and shopping and finding new bits for yourself! I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little excited but at the same time, completely frazzled with the idea of dressing up for Diwali. I think Diwali Outfit Ideas are something that get harder every year. I've shared some tips every year without fail and this year I simply didn't know what new things I could offer. So here's my take on it. What's one of my favorite things to wear? A maxi. So that's exactly what I'll be using to style myself and share some tips and tricks on refashioning your maxi skirts/dresses and creating a festive outfit.

Unlike most other Jewellry heavy posts you might see on other blogs, these looks are going to be rather fuss free and will focus on drapes and minimalism. Oh PS, in case you have any specific pieces your struggling with, send me a picture with #Chiconomical on any social media and I'll help you out! Anyway, let's get started!

1. Banjaran Batgirl






Okay, disclaimer time. Dad saw me shooting this look and said I looked like batgirl and I couldn't resist putting that as the title of this look. Now you're probably wondering, where the heck is the maxi dress in this look? Well, I had a button front maxi (which I got from Bombay Paisley) and decided it would be a good idea to wear it as a skirt. Then I thought, one isn't enough and paired it with yet another maxi skirt. I added a scarf as a headband and a single statement bracelet. If you're a banjaran at heart, this is definitely the look for you!

2. Modern Desi






Sometimes, the simplest things are the best. I decided since the print on this maxi dress was so beautiful, I had to do justice to it. Since even the extra small was still to big, I clenched it in at the waist with the scarf. This square scarf that's featured in all my posts has been in my life just for a day but it's quickly become an obsession. I think this is going to be seen in numerous posts

3. Desi Drapes




The thing about maxi dresses is that sometimes we're too afraid to mix things up. This look is exactly like the one before and has but one simple twist. I layered the maxi skirt from before and unbuttoned the maxi to switch up the neckline. Yet another fun thing that you can do is to wear your maxi skirt at your natural waist like this look. Created a paperbag waist by using, yep, the same scarf as the first one. A paperbag waist is something you don't always associate with Indian outfits but it's still very modern and if you've got a stretch waist skirt, I highly recommend you try it!

And that's it folks! I hope I've inspired you to try something new this Diwali. If you're still looking for more style inspiration, why not check these posts from some more style inspiration. There's a post for girls who don't like Indian outfits, and another that helps you dress up at the last minute for Diwali! Go check them out today!

You Might Also Like

0 comments