What to Wear to the Beach when You Don't Own a Bikini

06:50:00

If there's one place that I can always count on for making me smile, it's the beach. I've been a beach baby for as long as I can remember and while I'd love to say I wear bikinis and rock them like some ocean godess, the fact is sometimes that extra helping of fries is just to tempting. Or that one extra cheese popper is just lying there begging to be eaten or that 10 extra minutes in the morning are worth a whole lot more than a bikini body. Of course, there's also the possibility that you simply don't own a bikini because you think you can't pull it off. Well, if you're someone who's done one (or all) of the above like me then rest easy, there's a few simple tricks you can pull out of your wardrobe to look just as hot even if you don't own a bikini. 






Croptop: Rs. 1200, Part of a Set (this is the price of the whole set)
Skirt: Rs. 300, Colaba Causeway
Earrings: Rs. 150, Colaba Causeway
Sunglasses: Rs. 350, Koovs 
Sandals: Rs. 500, Forever21

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2500, which is around ₤25

Photo Credits: Shruti Phulgirkar

So if you haven't yet realised that skirts are your friend, I hope these pictures make you change your mind. I absolutely love wearing skirts no matter what the occasion, but the beach is especially a great place for them. The trick is to find fabrics that dry quickly. Polyesters are great, jerseys not so much. Also, if you've got an old skirt you don't quite like in terms of the fit, take a pair of scissors and cut out a slit (like I did) and voila, you've got a beach skirt. The idea is to give your feet freedom to battle the waves. Secondly, instead of wearing the same tshirt everytime, try going to the beach in your strappy camisoles. The idea is to make your everyday clothes double up as a weekend outfit piece.

But what if you don't own a fancy skirt and tshirts are all you have? I hear you girl, I've been there and guess what, you can definitely look good. Get yourself a long scarf (they're about 100-200 and are complete life savers) and try wrapping it around your old shorts as a sarong. Floaty fabrics work best because there' just something fabulous about your dress slighly fluttering as the sun sets. Oh yes, and this works just as great with a regular tshirt as it does with a top like mine. One extra tip, try knotting the tshirt to give yourself a bit of waist. It doesn't cost a thing and trust me, it'll make your curves pop!

I hope this post's given you a few ideas about beachwear. The idea is to wear something fun, but still be you. So what if you're not a bikini and booty girl, you can still rock an awesome beach outfit while being covered! Don't forget to share your looks with me on social media! I always feature my favorites on my social media (yep, we're all about sharing the love). Have a great weekend! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments