Three Ways to Wear: A White Jumpsuit

08:08:00

Summer, oh sweet summer. If you are still spending days in blacks and browns, I do believe you're an alien! (And I think I need to steal your powers of wearing black without melting in the Mumbai heat). Summers have truly taken over wardrobes in Mumbai and that means pulling out all those beautiful white clothes. I personally live in cotton kurtas and oversized t-shirts at the moment.

This is why I think a white jumpsuit is something every girl should own or DIY in her own closet. An all white outfit, however doesn't need to be boring. If you want to wear all white in summer, then I've got you covered. White jumpsuits can be tricky at times and just need a bit of attention to detail to really stand out. In a party full of flowy dresses in summer, a white jumpsuit can be just the knockout outfit that makes you stand out! Here are three ways to style a white jumpsuit for any ocassion!

Parisian Chic




Is there anything that says fashion more than parisian chic? I personally don't think so! If you're ever in doubt about how to style a solid colored jumpsuit, add a printed scarf to it. Since it's summer, I added a square scarf and knotted it around my neck. A white jumpsuit may look drab to some but trust me, its a statement piece for summer all by itself. This look works great for hot summer days where you want to look fashionable and not have to burn in the tropical sun. Oh, and this works well with a hat too!

Summer Working Girl




White on white is a summer staple look. If you've got to wear a white jumpsuit to work, then an interesting way to add excitement to the whole look is to pair it with a white printed shirt. I added this white polka dot croptop shirt and a pair of teal block wedge heels. The overall outfit is perfect for Indian summer where you have to work but still stay cool. Monochrome outfits work best in summers and this look is great for corporate life.

Military Mama




This is the girl who got lost somewhere between being a free spirit and a solider. The easiest way to add a little edge to a regular outfit is to pair it with an olive jacket. This waterfall front jacket was something that I found online after literally a year of searching for the perfect color, style and cut. A waterfall neckline is something that I've debated wearing simply because sometimes its hard to get lots in all the waves. However, if you're on the fence about buying a waterfall jacket, don't be! Be patient and find the perfect wave for you and you'll be reaching for this as a light coverup. While layering in summer is something people shy away from, it is usually the thing to add a new dimension to an otherwise regular outfit. This look is perfect for walking around the city and being a tourist in warm weather!

Outfit Details: 
White Jumpsuit: Rs. 800, Colaba Causeway
Red Scarf: Rs. 400, Forever21
Teal Block Wedges: Rs. 600, Hill Road
Olive Waterfall Lapel Jacket: Rs. 1200, New Look from TataCliq
Coin Belt: Rs. 120, Hill Road
Polka Dot Shirt: Rs. 300, Colaba Causeway
Satchel Bag: Rs. 1000, Colaba Causeway
Tasseled Bag: Rs. 600, Sugarbox

Have you invested in a white jumpsuit yet? If yes, how do you wear yours? I know jumpsuits can be a bit of a one hat wonder at times so I hope this list of my top three ways to wear it has given you some wardrobe inspiration on how to wear a simple jumpsuit in summer.

Want even more ways to wear what you already own? Why not sign up for The Chiconomical Insider which will be launching in June!

It's absolutely free and if you sign up right now, I'll send you two more ways to wear this white jumpsuit that are totally cool! 

This newsletter is your one stop shop to all those secret tips and tricks to squeeze out the very last penny from your wardrobe investments and look fabulous! Ohh, and did I mention, I'll be giving you one on one tips on everything that you may want to ask me when you sign up too!?


You Might Also Like

0 comments