Three Ways to Wear : A White Shirt Dress

12:38:00

Its Tuesday folks!! If you've been reading the blog recently then you know that I've started a series where every Tuesday I share three ways to wear one key piece of clothing. The warm response I've received has made me consider making this a weekly piece. Since we've got summer beating down on us, I decided to style a summer staple, a white shirt dress. This shirt dress was a complete bargain for Rs. 400 and I decided to give you three summer appropriate looks using this very versatile piece. In case, you haven't yet invested in a white shirt dress, I bet this one will make you think about it!



Look 1: The Working Girl





For those ladies who need to mix in a bit of white into their summer wardrobe, I give you this look with the white shirt dress and white striped trousers. This first look is perfect for hot summer afternoons when you have to run from one meeting to another. The lipstick and the sunglasses bring in a pop of color to an otherwise monochrome outfit. Try using it as a front slit top by unbuttoning the bottom few buttons and you've got a perfect, casual workday outfit.

Look 2: The Coachella Babe









This is for all those gypsy women out there. For this look, I've paired my white shirt dress with a aztec print skirt that's worn as a top and the shirt is used as a jacket. I love the almost superman feeling this look gives me. Paired with a host of chunky jewelry and strappy gladiators, its the perfect look for waltzing into coachella or any weekend music festival with style.

Look 3: The Working Boho 






The final look is somewhere in between the above two extremes. Here I wore the white shirt dress as a dress and piled on my bohemian accessories. I'm wearing a pair of boho earrings on the shirt dress as well as my tie-up pom pom sandals. The overall look is serious yet individualistic. I added an ikat print bag to complete the look.

I love to think of white dresses as an almost blank canvas which can be painted any way you like. These pieces are versatile as well as wardrobe staples, no matter what the occasion.

White Shirt Dress: Rs. 400, Colaba Causeway

Which was your favorite look? Tell me in the comments and don't forget to follow me on Instagram for more behind the scenes images! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments