Chasing Coachella on A Budget: How To Dress for A Music Festival

10:29:00

Music festivals are a big deal in the West in summer. While it's almost completely opposite for us since India has extreme heat and you'd probably collapse of a heat stroke if an artist performed in the summer here, its still crazy how inspiring the bohemian styles of Coachella can be. I have a slightly quirky, gypsy sense of fashion when it comes to personal style so it's easy to see why coachella fashion is my favorite kind of fashion. So while I will in no way be going to the music festival (sorry, don't really have the funds or the visa) I can still dress like I'm there. That's almost the same thing right?




Blue Kurti, Worn as a skirt: Rs. 499, Global Desi
Obi Belt: Rs. 500, The Label Life
Denim Embroidered Top: Rs. 200, Colaba Causeway
Boots: Rs. 900, Zara from Spoyl
Tassel Bag: Rs. 599, Sugarbox
Earrings: Borrowed from a friend

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2698, which is around ₤27

Photo Credits: Shruti Phulgirkar

Today's outfit is a more demure styling of coachella style, a little clashing of hillbilly with high street. I've had this blue kurti for almost a year now and while it was an online buy, it was so affordable, I didn't quite blink! Its such a unique cut and literally is a huge circle that just makes you want to take endless twirls all day! An oversized kurti is always a life-saver when it comes to bohemian dressing simply because it has so many ways it can be styled. For this post, I wore it as a tube top and then layered with my embroidered denim top that was a random find while shopping recently.

Overall, this outfit is an amalgamation of all the things I'm currently crushing on. Assymetrical hemlines, embroidered and tassels. Of course, lets not forget the twirlability of this outfit! Seriously, I couldn't stop twirling when I shot this outfit.

Hope this post has given you a bit of inspiration. If not, come by next week for a new Coachella on A Budget outfit! 

Also, don't forget to join the tribe on Instagram to get the latest updates

You Might Also Like

0 comments