How to Wear High Waisted Pants to Work

05:02:00

Workwear in India is usually a pair of pants and shirt. While I may talk about wearing smart skirts and suits, I've got a few people telling me they are not comfortable with the idea of wearing new dresses or skirts. So this is my take on wearing pants to work. My idea that, wearing a pant and shirt to work, doesn't have to be boring.








White Shirt: Rs. 990, Allen Solly, Inorbit Mall
High Waisted Pants: Asos, gift from a good friend
Statement Necklace: Rs. 350, Colaba Causeway
Bag: 3 Mad Chicks, Birthday Present
Wedge Heels: Rs. 600, Bandra
Glasses, Watch: Gift from brothers
Ring: Rs. 20, Trains, Mumbai

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1960, which is around ₤19

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh

These high waisted pants were a  gift from one of my nicest friends. He is always around when I need him eventhough I never make nearly enough time to talk to him. (I really am sorry about that!). They have been worn so many times, and I get lots of compliments everytime! A pair of high waisted pants are very flattering for almost all figures. Not to mention they hide all those little lumps and bumps around the stomach.

If you notice the pictures, midway through the shoot, I realised I simply didn't like any of the pictures that were coming out, so I tied my hair in a messy braid. It isn't anything fancy, and a lot of times, you'll see me in some version of this by the end of the day. Honestly, a slightly messy hairdo works rather well with officewear. A statment necklace, and my go-to geeky glasses (these never seem to leave me these days, don't you think?) and I was ready to work in style!

What do you wear to work?! Are you a fan of the high waisted pants?! Tell me in the comments below! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments