Valentine's Day Look Ideas: Look 2, Do It Desi

08:20:00


Valentine's is a distinctly western concept by nature. So its quite obvious that most of the outfit ideas that come to mind are markedly western. I've also known a lot of girls who think buying a lot of dresses is a waste of their time as they cannot wear it on a daily basis. Well, I thought it would be a good idea to post an idea, using the same dress as yesterday with an Indian twist.

Honestly, I dont like conventional outfits so I'm forever mixing and matching one piece with another. I first wore this to college when it was a rather sombre day and I felt dressing in bright clothes might make me happy. I got mostly positive reviews for the outfit, except one friend who kept pointing out some tiny details he didn't like. (Ahem, annoying, ahem). Well, I didn't really think much of it but when I was planning the outfit post for yesterday's outfit, I thought this was a good way to show versatility.







Printed Dress: Rs. 500, Topshop from Pax, Colaba Causeway
Leggings: Rs. 350, Big Bazaar
Black Flats: Birthday Gift from friend, Allen Solly
Watch, Earrings: Gift from Best friend 
Bangles: Rs. 50, Street Stall in Jaipur
Bag: Rs. 200, Primark
Stole: Rs. 200, Linking Road, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1100, which is around £11.


I like the bright colors of this outfit. While the stole makes it complete traditional, as Sneha pointed out, it looks much better without it. I also like how you could take this to a conservative workplace and then just switch the leggings and accessories for a quick dinner date with the mates. I'd style it
like I did yesterday (see complete post here!)

For Valentine's I feel there aren't nearly enough Indian outfits, so this post was a necessity.Now if you feel squeamish about sporting Indian flavors on V-day, let me tell you, I've had a lot of guys tell me that they find girls in traditional outfits to be much more prettier. So go ahead girls, flaunt those Indian outfits with pride.

Tips for wearing a Dress as Indianwear:

  • Look for the proper length while pairing dresses with Indian pieces. If its short like the one above, it works well with leggings. If its a flowy dress, you could also wear it as a kaftan with a belt.
  • Look for dresses with Asian prints, these make the outfit look inherently Indian.
  • If you like to rebel, pair shocking prints like animal prints with salwars and Indian accessories to make a statement. 
  • Don't be afraid of experimenting with a few different things. 
  • Pay attention to the fabric. Usually, dresses that have a bit of cotton in them and are a little flared work better and are easier to style.
Keep in Touch! Follow Chiconomical on INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK

You Might Also Like

0 comments